exhales
How to even put things into words... I think I experienced a side of heaven today. Unexpected. Overwhelming. Intoxicating in its own right. Confusing. Peaceful and beautiful. But often, my feelings reveal themselves in images rather than words. The images don't always relate to what's going on but more of the feeling associated with it.
For example, I saw a beach and before it's assumed it's cliche, a beach is associated with a very specific memory. I don't generally relax. Like at all. The one time I distinctly relaxed was at a beach in Erie PA. I had my legs in the waves, sitting on the hot sand, the sun beaming down overhead, children nearby laughing as they splashed each other. That single moment, the tight knots of my trap muscles (shoulder/neck) actually physically let go. At first, relaxing actually hurt but as the muscles adjusted, I felt such peace hanging out on that beach. Never could recreate it no matter how many times I've revisited. So when I feel peace, I see that beach.
I also saw clouds, and a silhouette of a couple dancing. Dreamy things. Whimsical things. Surreal images of sunlight glistening through slow, fat rain drops. A melting candle overflowing the holder and dripping from all sides. The moment these images represent was magical for me, rare. And I'm grateful to have shared such a connection with @Devilogical. I'm grateful to have felt a little more like the old me, if that makes sense.
Sometimes, what both people need is just to cling to each other, to a moment created between them. And that's the best words I can find in the beautiful mess of my emotions.
No comments:
Post a Comment